Wednesday, May 2, 2007

New Tripdub Feature

Here at Tripdub, we watch a lot of music videos. When done right, they are entertaining little movies set to music that last only 3 minutes or so, which is about equal to both Jake's and my attention spans.

We've been watching a lot of youtube lately because the MTV on cable is not the MTV that I remember. I know, everyone older than 25 complains about MTV not playing videos anymore, but seriously, what gives? They might as well change their name to RKSRTV (Rich Kid Staged Realty TV). Yep, I'm big on acronyms now that I work for the government. We have acronyms for everything. Everything, that is, except for the "Department of Defense Compilation of Acronyms." Yes, I'm serious. I have this book at work and they actually refrained from acronym-izing the title. Were they aware of the irony, or did they just forget?

But I digress. The purpose of this post is to introduce a new recurring post entitled:

"Jake's Weekly Video Pick."

This is not to be confused with "This Week's Useless Kid Product" which has been phased out due to several protestations about the usefulness of the Sta-Tuct Suspender System.

This week's "Jake's Weekly Video Pick" is:

Jake loves this video and can't stop saying "Grandpa, Grandpa!" since Grandpa has a treadmill in his basement and Jake gets to use it when he visits. I'm mostly impressed with the fact that these guys-- obviously not treadmill professionals-- recorded this whole sequence in ONE take. I can only image how many takes they did where they were 95 percent done and one of them messed up. I bet there are some funny stories there. If anyone from OK GO reads this blog, please feel free to post those funny stories.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love the new feature - can't wait for the next pick! Does Jake dance around to the music?? Jake sure does love exercising with Grandpa on the treadmill;)

I loved having Ali, Jake and Sadie visit me at my school today. I got to show them all off to the folks I work with. Everyone kept talking about how cute Jake and Sadie are (yes, they are!) and how Ali does NOT look like she just had a baby (she doesn't!). It was such fun to have you there to visit and play - hope you all come again soon.