Monday, May 21, 2007

Update

I know, I know-- it's been almost a week since my last post. If I didn't have two tiny kids, finding time to blog would be easy. But, the topics would probably be centered around food or news or.....hmm, what did we do before kids?? I think we had some interests and hobbies, but it's fuzzy now. Right before Sadie was born, we met a Mom at Cherry Hill park who had two little ones about two years apart (maybe five and three). Ali asked how she was doing and the Mom said it was really hard the first year. So far, her story checks out:

It's hard.

Fun, but hard.

I think Ali would back me up on that.

I finally uploaded some new pictures to the Flickr site (see Photo section) and more photos of the airshow (see below) will be coming shortly.

My homecoming was so nice. I got back from Orlando on Friday morning, and Ali and the kids arrived about an hour later. Jake was so happy to see me and that felt so good. We played and played and goofed around all day. Sadie was happy too, but she' such a happy baby. She's already smiled more than Jake has in his two years. But over the next few days and nights, Jake showed us his rebellious side a little bit. I think he was either upset at me for leaving for a week, or just going through "terrible two" stuff. We had a talk Saturday night before bed, after he refused to put on his PJs, and things seemed to go better after that. It's hard to tell what he understands at this age, but I told him it was ok to be upset and that I missed him too all week, and then he quietly walked over and picked up his PJs that he'd thrown across the room and asked me to put them on.

The next day we got up early and went to the Andrews Air Force Base open house. I used to go with my Dad and I couldn't wait to take Jake. He is still a little young, but he seemed impressed with all the planes and helicopters. I think he might have been most impressed with the bus ride from the parking lot to the show, but that's ok. We ate Italian and Polish sausages under the wing of a Navy transport plane as we watched some acrobatic planes do their tricks.

Later that day we had a nice visit with my folks, and played Bocce ball on the front lawn and grilled burgers for dinner. I didn't get any pictures that day, but I did get a request for some shots of the proud (paternal) grandparents, so here's one from my birthday earlier this month:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't remember seeing that one of your birthday - what fun to celebrate you! Remember how much Jake loved blowing out the candles with you? Loved the pictures of Burke Lake, too. Lots of memories. Thanks for working so hard to keep the blog updated - so many of us love reading it and seeing new pictures:)