Wednesday, January 9, 2008

"And what that guy say?"

Lately Jake has been fixated on conversations that real or imaginary people may be having. If we're in the grocery store and they call for more cashiers over the PA system, Jake will immediately ask: "What that guy saying?" When we read stories, Jake interrupts every page to ask "What little doggie saying? What she saying? And what that guy saying????"

But we realized that he's been storing up all of our answers to his questions and creating his own conversation-based stories. We first started noticing this while driving around the other day. From the back seat, we heard Jake narrating a conversation between two cows. It went something like this (and he used a slightly different voice for each cow, both named "cow"):

"Cow says: Hey what you doing"
"Cow says: Oh, we just walking here"
"Cow says: Oh, look out!"
"Cow says: I fall down, but I'm ok"
"Cow says: You need some help cow?"
"Cow says: I'm ok, I'm just a little bit scared of cows"

He comes up with the best material. I told him he should cross the writer's strike picket line, but I don't think he took me seriously.

5 comments:

Cara Schatz said...

HAHAHAHA!! I love it. Seriously, that just hit me at the exact right time and I am really, for real, LOLing....

aaaaah jake- someday you will be the funniest kid in school. This is something others can only WISH to be. But sadly for THEM one cannot learn to be funny. It is in the genes...

But you, young sir? YOU are HILARIOUS.

Unknown said...

Is he aware yet that cows can jump over the moon?

Stacey said...

Seriously though, who ISN'T afraid of cows. Unless they are cut up and cooked and on your plate with a side of blue cheese.

Cara Schatz said...

oh- I just laughed about it all over again with Stacey. so funny.

Gram & Poppy said...

Hilarious! Is this how Gary Larson of "Far Side" fame began his career?
How many times has Jake been to the natural history museum?
Perhaps we traumatized him when we took him to see cows at a nearby dairy farm. At least he liked the ice cream!

This has provided us with smiles all day!
Gram and Poppy