Monday, June 23, 2008

The mini NASCAR circuit


Jake had another fun day riding his Lightning McQueen car around. Today, he perfected the spin-slide-break move on our driveway (see video below). We also set up a few courses and he did really well handling the turns and being careful not to run over the cones. He didn't quite get the slalom course, but I wonder how well Jeff Gordon was driving on his 3rd birthday.



Sadie, by the way, is also fascinated by Lightning McQueen. She hovers patiently waiting until Jake parks it, and then she pounces. I've seen her run to it, and literally dive into the driver's seat. She was happy to just sit there gripping the wheel, until she figured out that she could reach the gas pedal. I'm not sure who was more surprised by that - me or her.

2 comments:

Lyssa said...

AWESOME JAKE! I'm offering my free services as a driving instructor. Just ask Kaitlyn how awesome I am at spinning!

Anonymous said...

Hey Liss, let's add "How to get out of a parking garage" to that lesson plan.... Hee hee!