Friday, September 26, 2008

My little giraffe

Sadie went in for her 18 month checkup this week. I think it was the first checkup appointment of either kid that I've missed so far. But Ali took notes so I felt like I was there. Here are the stats:

Weight: 22 lbs, 10 oz (30th percentile)
Height: 35 inches (99th percentile)

Sadie is tall. She's taller than 99 percent of other girl babies her age. She's almost two inches taller than I was at her age, and an inch and a half taller than Jake was. She's my little giraffe.

Here she is eating ice cream at Union Station, in yet another dress that is too short for her:


We were a little concerned about her vocabulary, but Dr. Halpin assured us that she was actually right about where she should be, and that Jake was very talkative for his age. And Dr. Halpin was so impressed when Sadie put on her shoes all by herself! Sadie seems very coordinated for her height. She's a menace on the jungle gym, and no slide is too tall for her.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they have "tall girls" for toddlers? What a market opportunity! She's a beauty:)

Anonymous said...

The "anonymous" was me - Mimi! Not sure what went wrong...