Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Sadie's Post

Daddy hardly ever lets me use the computer - something about drooling and electronic equipment - but he's at work today so I thought I'd sneak on and check my email. Poppi and Gram took Jake down to the lake yesterday and the house has never been quieter. Mommy is still feeling under the weather, but I could tell she had a hard time getting used to the idea of relaxing a bit. Oh sure, I have my moments where I need attention, but I still enjoy sleeping most of the day. And with big brother Jake at the lake, I've been able to enjoy my beauty sleep without interruption.

When Daddy came home from work yesterday he and Mommy just kind of wandered around the house looking lost. I don't think they remember what to do with free time. The toys were all put away, the dishes were clean, there wasn't any food thrown on the floor....I gave a little cry just so they had something to do.

Later that night they both sat on the couch and watched something on the TV that didn't look familiar. It wasn't animated and there weren't any silly animals or clowns. I think they called it a "movie"?

I hope Jake is having fun at the lake. He can be a little rough with me sometimes, but I know he loves me. It's cute when he points out where my ears, mouth and nose are. I mean, it's not like I don't know where they are, but I can't really control my arms and hands yet so I let him show off a little.

Ok, gotta run. Mommy thinks I'm napping...

1 comment:

Gram & Poppy said...

Hi Sadie,

I am having fun down at the lake but I keep looking for my "baby sister".

It is a good thing I came down this week. Gram & Poppy need a lot of help with this place. I am trying to clean out the beach and empty the lake but it is proving to be a big task.

I walked in the low end and found lots of rocks and then 2 ducks came to join me. They have bright orange feet and pretty feathers. Every time I ran up to them they flew away.

Well I am going to take Gram & Poppy for a boat ride. Talk to you later.

Tell Mommy & Daddy I miss them but I have a big job here at the lake. See you soon.

Love, Jake