Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Bath time

Ali and I have enjoyed almost two weeks of through-the-night sleeping. Ok, we both probably woke up once or twice expecting to hear a "wah" but were able to go back to sleep when we only heard crickets. It makes such a difference. I think the Army should develop Military Babies to keep enemy soldiers awake at night so they can't shoot straight the next morning. I'm sure it'd be much more effective that WMD. We've been enjoying our nights, but have almost been afraid to talk about them; afraid to jinx things. Well, I've been afraid to talk about it, anyway. I can't tell you how many times I've had a good nights' sleep and have said something about it to Ali the next morning only to hear that I slept through two separate 45 minute screaming fits from Sadie.

We've been working on making the bedtime routine consistent: bath, PJs, snack, TV, storytime, BED. Here's bathtime:

Here's Jake in his cowboy PJs. How can you resist his cuteness? You can't.

3 comments:

Stacey said...

You guys are the....BEST BEST BEST BEST FAMILY IN THE WORLD.....
(hee hee, I bet you were just waiting for me to bust that out..)

Cara Schatz said...

those are the BEST BEST BEST BEST PJs in the world. Is jake waiting for his nightime snack of sweetbreads?

Anonymous said...

Oh! Ali has the 'one-raised-eyebrow' look going. That makes me so jealous. It makes kids immediately halt in their tracks and behave. What exactly was Jake getting into mom?....love aunt 'princess' deni