Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Big Surprise

This morning as Ali and I started to wake up, we looked at the clock and it was 7:20 and we realized we hadn't heard from the kids yet. Normally Sadie is up around 6:30 and Jake usually calls for us to get him out of his crib around 7:00. But, sometimes they sleep in, so we were just enjoying the peace and quiet while we got ready for the day. All of a sudden, I hear some quick little footsteps coming towards our door. It happened so quickly, but the image of a tiny cat burglar did cross my mind for just a second. Before we could react, our door opened and there was a grinning, pantless Jake! "I pooped and peepeed in the potty Mommy Daddy!!" I think our combined looks of shock might have scared him a little, but he has never climbed out of his crib, and on top of that, he hasn't gone to the bathroom by himself since we started potty training a week ago. We followed him to the bathroom and I think he didn't flush on purpose because he was so proud of his achievement. I asked him how he climbed out of his crib and he just threw one leg up in the air and made a funny motion with his arms and said: "like this, Daddy". All of a sudden, Jake seemed much older. Looks like we'll be moving to a big boy bed so he doesn't have to perform acrobatics to go to the bathroom in the morning.

No comments: