Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Baby sister

For those of you new to this blog (i.e. anyone reading this blog), the main focus for the next week or so will be the impending arrival of "Baby Sister". We have a name picked out for her, but we've been keeping it under wraps and haven't told Jake since he's in monkey mode and repeating everything we say and do. He says "baby sister" and "baby sister bed" but he has no idea that his life is about to be turned upside down. We've been trying to explain, and pointing to Ali's belly, but I think he just assumes she's let herself go. In fact, he started saying "heavy" when he tries to pull her up. This makes one of us giggle.

The baby's due date is March 14. This is seven days away, but it feels more like 7 years. Or 7 seconds, depending on the mood we're in. But, the room is painted, the crib is assembled and we picked up a box of tiny diapers. Am I forgetting anything? I think we're ready. I know Ali's ready. She gives me the pregnancy status first thing every morning: "still pregnant". That might sound silly but when she went into labor with Jake it was the middle of the night and I didn't know about it until I woke up in the morning and she asked for a ride to the hospital. Ali's very respectful of my sleep.

2 comments:

Gram & Poppy said...

We can't wait to meet the newest member of our family and we are dying to learn her name.
Give Jake a hug from us.

Carolyn said...

Can't wait to see what you name her! Congrats guys! Will you be able to post pictures up here too?