Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Is this thing plugged in?

Ok, first big decision: pick a title. You can't just name your blog "Ryan's blog". Who would read that? Gotta find a title that's edgy; something that speaks to the masses; and most importantly, something that isn't already taken.

Sic Transit Gloria? Already taken. I thought it sounded adequately pretentious, and it's a quote from my favorite movie but obscure enough where I could have just pretended I'm a Latin scholar.

Blog Bites Man? Taken. I thought that was pretty clever, but I guess someone else did too.

Blogarithm? Just kidding. That's even too lame for me. And it's probably taken.

So, I went with "tripdub", a phrase I coined as an abbreviation for "dubbya dubbya dubbya" or "www" when referring to the start of a website. Yeah, I know, it's pretty cool. It's also a big time saver for slow talkers (and listeners to slow talkers). I plan to copyright it and license it to the highest bidder.

This blog will be a new home for baby related news, as the old Jake site got too cumbersome to update.

2 comments:

PatrickandDeni said...

So we are the first comments on the new blog. (I think we are the first ones to read it too.)
Hooray for Jake and a yet to be named sister.

Unknown said...

Great site/blog. A lot of fun to read. Someone sounds like a professional blogger. I hope you can find time later to keep it up. You might be a little more busy than you are now.

We can't wait to see Jake's Little Sister.

Love,
Mom & Dad