Monday, March 12, 2007

Ali's last day

Here's Ali on her way to work last Friday. Do you smile like that on your way to work? How about when you're nine months pregnant? Ali's amazing, isn't she? I don't want to get too sappy here, but I sure am proud of this girl. She's the best mom and the best wife a kid and husband could ask for.

The last weeks of a pregnancy seem to be the hardest, but Ali's doing great. The closest comparison I can think of is our recyclables bin. I carry that thing out every Thursday night and sometimes it's pretty heavy (newspapers, bottles of champagne, etc) but I sure am glad to put it down and come back inside. So I guess it must be like carrying around the recyclables bin all the time, chasing after a big recyclables truck that never stops. Speaking of cool jobs, that guy seems to have it made. He doesn't have to get up as early as the garbage man, gets to hear that smashy-glass sound all day, and is probably a lot more popular with his friends now that Al Gore's movie is winning Oscars. I think I got off on a tangent here. In summary, "Go Ali!".

No comments: